Way back in 2006, when the Heat won their first NBA title, sans Lebron James, Jibbs kicked off a promising career with two certified bangers, King Kong and the ever popular Chain Hang Low, the later certified platinum and featured in an episode of Entourage. All this before Jibbs could even (legally) buy a pack of cigarettes. Now, at 22 the unsigned artist (formerly on Geffen Records) looks to step back into the limelight with Baby Don’t Cry. On this bubbly, Beastaz-produced cut Jibbs tries recapture some of the flair his 16-year-old self displayed and with an energetic performance he is at least headed in that direction. As he consoles his girl, assuring her that any problems they are having can be fixed, Jibbs grabs you with a refreshing style that is engineered by a catchy, ever-so-slightly sung-rap flow. Does Jibbs have a Chain Hang Low on his hands or will he have to do better than this to steer the comeback bandwagon straight? Let us know below for your chance to win some dope V-MODA headphones and be on the lookout for more from the St. Louis native.
Beatstaz/RoyalDream Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"King Kong ft. Chamillionaire" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.