Jhené Aiko also wants one thing for for Christmas this year: the love and affection of a certain man. Who’s the lucky guy, you ask? Well, he comes around like clockwork every December, and she seems to have a fetish for brightly-colored paper… judging by the evidence found on new promo single Wrap Me Up, I have to conclude she’s got a thing for snow-white beards and bellies that shakes like a bowlful of jelly. Tae Beast provides a warm, string-laced instrumental to back the singer as she expresses her longing for the fella in question, and Cocaine ‘80s member James Fauntleroy (recently featured on T. Mills’ Other B*tch Callin’) assists Aiko on the vocal tip. This seasonally-themed ballad isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can keep their browsers locked for all the latest on the singer’s Def Jam debut album, scheduled for release in 2013.
Written by richard on 12/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love We Trust" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.