Yesterday, rising R&B star Jhené Aiko celebrated the start of her 26th year on this planet. Perhaps in order to prepare for the festivities to follow, she worked a quick nap into her special day. Which isn’t to say she was off her hustle while snoozing; as a matter of fact, that siesta provided the inspiration for her latest song release, My Afternoon Dream. Key Wane mans the mixing board on this drowsy, contemplative jam; his keyboard arpeggios, throbbing kick and hazy synth-strings accompany the singer as she loses herself in blissful thoughts of a certain man. While this joint isn’t attached to a larger project, fans should keep it locked for further details on Aiko’s spring-bound Def Jam debut, Souled Out. In the meantime, why not check out her guest contribution to Vince Staples‘s recent feature, Oh You Scared?
Written by richard on 03/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love We Trust" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)