Yesterday, rising R&B star Jhené Aiko celebrated the start of her 26th year on this planet. Perhaps in order to prepare for the festivities to follow, she worked a quick nap into her special day. Which isn’t to say she was off her hustle while snoozing; as a matter of fact, that siesta provided the inspiration for her latest song release, My Afternoon Dream. Key Wane mans the mixing board on this drowsy, contemplative jam; his keyboard arpeggios, throbbing kick and hazy synth-strings accompany the singer as she loses herself in blissful thoughts of a certain man. While this joint isn’t attached to a larger project, fans should keep it locked for further details on Aiko’s spring-bound Def Jam debut, Souled Out. In the meantime, why not check out her guest contribution to Vince Staples‘s recent feature, Oh You Scared?
Written by richard on 03/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love We Trust" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.