Love is a little like fairies. Yes, I realize I lost a couple dozen masculinity points for even typing that sentence, but roll with me here: it draws its strength from human belief therein—and when that foundation crumbles, it vanishes in a cloud of bitterness and sparkly dust. Realizing the importance of holding onto hope come what may, Jhené Aiko resolves to believe for all those who can’t on her first Booth feature, In Love We Trust. A little grittier than your average R&B jam, this promo single finds producer K. Roosevelt crafting a slow-burning synth instrumental to back the rising R&B starlet as she details the plight of several individuals who’ve been beaten down by fortune’s slings and arrows—from a young woman who’s been “used and abused” by every man she’s ever met, to an inner-city man dealing drugs to support his one-year-old son. Cali buzzmaker Casey Veggies guests on the back, attempting to convince a romantic interest that he’s not like the fellas who broke her heart in the past. Has this cut made a believer of you? While Aiko has yet to reveal details on any forthcoming project, you can keep it locked you-know-where for all the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 11/7/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Terrorist Threats" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.