Love is a little like fairies. Yes, I realize I lost a couple dozen masculinity points for even typing that sentence, but roll with me here: it draws its strength from human belief therein—and when that foundation crumbles, it vanishes in a cloud of bitterness and sparkly dust. Realizing the importance of holding onto hope come what may, Jhené Aiko resolves to believe for all those who can’t on her first Booth feature, In Love We Trust. A little grittier than your average R&B jam, this promo single finds producer K. Roosevelt crafting a slow-burning synth instrumental to back the rising R&B starlet as she details the plight of several individuals who’ve been beaten down by fortune’s slings and arrows—from a young woman who’s been “used and abused” by every man she’s ever met, to an inner-city man dealing drugs to support his one-year-old son. Cali buzzmaker Casey Veggies guests on the back, attempting to convince a romantic interest that he’s not like the fellas who broke her heart in the past. Has this cut made a believer of you? While Aiko has yet to reveal details on any forthcoming project, you can keep it locked you-know-where for all the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Terrorist Threats" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.