It’s quite a rarity to come across a song that’s truly heartfelt and genuine, but Los Angeles vocalist Jhené Aiko has done just that on For My Brother. Written for her brother Miyagi, who passed away last week after a long battle with cancer, For My Brother is a somber yet beautiful record in which Aiko reminisces on time spent with her older sibling and best friend. On top of her haunting vocals, Aiko also provides For My Brother with its airy production. According to Aiko’s Tumblr, the singer reveals that her brother was fortunately able to listen to this fitting tribute before his passing. While For My Brother, which serves as Aiko’s second solo Booth feature, isn’t attached to any upcoming projects, the singer is working closely with producer No I.D. on her formal debut album on Def Jam.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love We Trust" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.