It’s quite a rarity to come across a song that’s truly heartfelt and genuine, but Los Angeles vocalist Jhené Aiko has done just that on For My Brother. Written for her brother Miyagi, who passed away last week after a long battle with cancer, For My Brother is a somber yet beautiful record in which Aiko reminisces on time spent with her older sibling and best friend. On top of her haunting vocals, Aiko also provides For My Brother with its airy production. According to Aiko’s Tumblr, the singer reveals that her brother was fortunately able to listen to this fitting tribute before his passing. While For My Brother, which serves as Aiko’s second solo Booth feature, isn’t attached to any upcoming projects, the singer is working closely with producer No I.D. on her formal debut album on Def Jam.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love We Trust" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.