While many DJBooth regulars were probably out drinking Guiness and Jameson on Saturday evening, in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, Jhené Aiko was busy celebrating her 25th birthday. Her celebratory festivities, however, included what she does best; the creation of a unique singular effort, highlighted by her smoky vocals. Everything Must Go, features the hazy, string-centered boardwork of production stalwart No I.D, who creates an ambient vibe with an interesting muffled drum section. Aiko’s subtly powerful vocals make Everything Must Go a recommended selection to cure your hangover or to get your celebration started off all over again. Though the song is not set to appear on the singer’s forthcoming (coming soon), Def Jam debut, Souled Out, fans should expect more of the same from the rising star in the months to come.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love We Trust" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.