While many DJBooth regulars were probably out drinking Guiness and Jameson on Saturday evening, in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, Jhené Aiko was busy celebrating her 25th birthday. Her celebratory festivities, however, included what she does best; the creation of a unique singular effort, highlighted by her smoky vocals. Everything Must Go, features the hazy, string-centered boardwork of production stalwart No I.D, who creates an ambient vibe with an interesting muffled drum section. Aiko’s subtly powerful vocals make Everything Must Go a recommended selection to cure your hangover or to get your celebration started off all over again. Though the song is not set to appear on the singer’s forthcoming (coming soon), Def Jam debut, Souled Out, fans should expect more of the same from the rising star in the months to come.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/17/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love We Trust" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.