While many DJBooth regulars were probably out drinking Guiness and Jameson on Saturday evening, in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, Jhené Aiko was busy celebrating her 25th birthday. Her celebratory festivities, however, included what she does best; the creation of a unique singular effort, highlighted by her smoky vocals. Everything Must Go, features the hazy, string-centered boardwork of production stalwart No I.D, who creates an ambient vibe with an interesting muffled drum section. Aiko’s subtly powerful vocals make Everything Must Go a recommended selection to cure your hangover or to get your celebration started off all over again. Though the song is not set to appear on the singer’s forthcoming (coming soon), Def Jam debut, Souled Out, fans should expect more of the same from the rising star in the months to come.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love We Trust" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.