Not featured on the solo tip since dropping off Everything Must Go back in March (though she recently contributed guest vocals to Big Sean‘s Beware), Jhené Aiko makes her triumphant return to our pages with freshly-minted R&B “freestyle” Comfort Inn Ending. Over a moody, guitar-led beat by her frequent behind-the-boards collaborator, Windy City veteran No I.D., the Def Jam pop songstress takes aim at a cheating ex-man, expressing disgust at both him (for doing her dirty) and herself (for believing his lies). Though Aiko delivers the sordid tale in a candid, off-the-cuff format, her vocal performance is just as polished and emotionally affecting as fans have come to expect. This promo cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Jhené Aiko’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love We Trust" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.