Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In urban music, it’s fashionable to boast of staying on one’s grind while others are catching Z’s, but let’s be real—how many people would actually choose working over kicking back, if their livelihoods didn’t depend on it? On new EP single Bed Peace, Jhené Aiko keeps it refreshingly real as she describes her ideal day: “If I had my way / I’d roll out of bed, say / ‘bout 2:30, midday, / hit the blunt then hit you up to come over to my place.” Childish Gambino guests on this laid-back, midtempo cut, jumping on Fisticuffs‘s breezy beat to deliver the closing 16. Aiko’s Sail Away EP is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, October 29 via Def Jam. In the meantime, those who haven’t already are encouraged to check out her last feature, reader-approved loosie Comfort Inn Ending.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Jhené Aiko’s Danny Williams-directed Bed Peace visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love We Trust" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.