Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In urban music, it’s fashionable to boast of staying on one’s grind while others are catching Z’s, but let’s be real—how many people would actually choose working over kicking back, if their livelihoods didn’t depend on it? On new EP single Bed Peace, Jhené Aiko keeps it refreshingly real as she describes her ideal day: “If I had my way / I’d roll out of bed, say / ‘bout 2:30, midday, / hit the blunt then hit you up to come over to my place.” Childish Gambino guests on this laid-back, midtempo cut, jumping on Fisticuffs‘s breezy beat to deliver the closing 16. Aiko’s Sail Away EP is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, October 29 via Def Jam. In the meantime, those who haven’t already are encouraged to check out her last feature, reader-approved loosie Comfort Inn Ending.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Jhené Aiko’s Danny Williams-directed Bed Peace visual.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love We Trust" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.