Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In urban music, it’s fashionable to boast of staying on one’s grind while others are catching Z’s, but let’s be real—how many people would actually choose working over kicking back, if their livelihoods didn’t depend on it? On new EP single Bed Peace, Jhené Aiko keeps it refreshingly real as she describes her ideal day: “If I had my way / I’d roll out of bed, say / ‘bout 2:30, midday, / hit the blunt then hit you up to come over to my place.” Childish Gambino guests on this laid-back, midtempo cut, jumping on Fisticuffs‘s breezy beat to deliver the closing 16. Aiko’s Sail Away EP is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, October 29 via Def Jam. In the meantime, those who haven’t already are encouraged to check out her last feature, reader-approved loosie Comfort Inn Ending.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Jhené Aiko’s Danny Williams-directed Bed Peace visual.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love We Trust" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.