As a young goon in the streets…alright, let’s start over. As a young kid in a small Midwest town, my first introduction to the Left Coast was via TV shows like Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Saved By The Bell. Emcees J.Good and Co$$, on the other hand, have been steeped in the Left Coast since birth, as made clear on Good’s aptly-titled, Saved By The Bell. Produced by Lakim, SBTB flips a French sample into a boom-bap type beat that emcees make sure to go in over. Co$$ begins by discussing how he actually used to run with goons as a teen, but still managed to hit up ice cream trucks and catch movies. Good then takes the hand off, romanticizing memories of getting high on campus and then skipping class to write songs. We can only assume school wasn’t J. Good’s favorite part of the day, but with singles like Saved By The Bell we’re glad he skipped class to hone his writing skills. SBTB is the first single from Good’s upcoming concept album, Bluffington High, due out soon.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 09/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cali So(u)l" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.