Up here in Minneapolis, the birds have begun chirping, the sun is shining, and the freezing wind no longer threatens to ravage the barest inch of exposed skin; in other words, it’s the perfect time to spark up a spring romance. What’s more, us Midwesterners can finally listen to a breezy, sun-kissed joint like Cali So(u)l, the Booth debut from Sacramento representative J. Good, without turning green with envy. Here, the glittering synths of beatsmith Rufio set the mood for a tale of romance under the Golden State sun. In an infectiously laid-back flow, Good pays tribute to a girl who, though her self-confidence initially made her seem a touch bougie, quickly won him over thanks to her natural style, charm and grace – and it certainly doesn’t hurt that her “ass fat kinda like a Philly when it’s rolled up.” Los Angeles neighbor TiRon guests, dedicating his closing 16 to the “West Side” honey who’s always on his mind when he’s on tour, and singer April Bambao tops it all off with a soulfully fresh hook. Does this mellow banger leave you convinced you need more J. Good in your life? You’re in luck; released last Tuesday, his Look on the Brightside LP is available now online.
Written by richard on 03/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rolling Stone" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.