Booth regulars are most likely familiar with Jez Dior as the artist behind cuts like Hide and the Dark Star (Remix), but on Who Drank My Whiskey the Los Angeles native takes a different, angrier tone. Hey, you would be pissed too if someone drank your booze! Dior’s new attitude is part of a musical transformation into what he has dubbed “grunge rap.” The grunge aspect is largely due to collaborative partner Danny Score‘s grimy, edgy instrumental, but Jez’s pained, agitated vocals really help to heighten the mood (and classification tag). It’s not a complete change, however; he still lays down a few bars in his usual sure-footed flow. There are no plans yet for a full-length project, but I, for one, am excited to hear more of this new soundscape.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.