Booth regulars are most likely familiar with Jez Dior as the artist behind cuts like Hide and the Dark Star (Remix), but on Who Drank My Whiskey the Los Angeles native takes a different, angrier tone. Hey, you would be pissed too if someone drank your booze! Dior’s new attitude is part of a musical transformation into what he has dubbed “grunge rap.” The grunge aspect is largely due to collaborative partner Danny Score‘s grimy, edgy instrumental, but Jez’s pained, agitated vocals really help to heighten the mood (and classification tag). It’s not a complete change, however; he still lays down a few bars in his usual sure-footed flow. There are no plans yet for a full-length project, but I, for one, am excited to hear more of this new soundscape.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.