Booth regulars are most likely familiar with Jez Dior as the artist behind cuts like Hide and the Dark Star (Remix), but on Who Drank My Whiskey the Los Angeles native takes a different, angrier tone. Hey, you would be pissed too if someone drank your booze! Dior’s new attitude is part of a musical transformation into what he has dubbed “grunge rap.” The grunge aspect is largely due to collaborative partner Danny Score‘s grimy, edgy instrumental, but Jez’s pained, agitated vocals really help to heighten the mood (and classification tag). It’s not a complete change, however; he still lays down a few bars in his usual sure-footed flow. There are no plans yet for a full-length project, but I, for one, am excited to hear more of this new soundscape.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.