Booth regulars are most likely familiar with Jez Dior as the artist behind cuts like Hide and the Dark Star (Remix), but on Who Drank My Whiskey the Los Angeles native takes a different, angrier tone. Hey, you would be pissed too if someone drank your booze! Dior’s new attitude is part of a musical transformation into what he has dubbed “grunge rap.” The grunge aspect is largely due to collaborative partner Danny Score‘s grimy, edgy instrumental, but Jez’s pained, agitated vocals really help to heighten the mood (and classification tag). It’s not a complete change, however; he still lays down a few bars in his usual sure-footed flow. There are no plans yet for a full-length project, but I, for one, am excited to hear more of this new soundscape.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.