Booth regulars are most likely familiar with Jez Dior as the artist behind cuts like Hide and the Dark Star (Remix), but on Who Drank My Whiskey the Los Angeles native takes a different, angrier tone. Hey, you would be pissed too if someone drank your booze! Dior’s new attitude is part of a musical transformation into what he has dubbed “grunge rap.” The grunge aspect is largely due to collaborative partner Danny Score‘s grimy, edgy instrumental, but Jez’s pained, agitated vocals really help to heighten the mood (and classification tag). It’s not a complete change, however; he still lays down a few bars in his usual sure-footed flow. There are no plans yet for a full-length project, but I, for one, am excited to hear more of this new soundscape.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.