When you’re in a relationship that’s going nowhere—or headed downhill—your life can start to feel like a sh*tty, Bill Murray-less version of Groundhog Day. Jez Dior knows exactly what I’m talking about; on new promo single Starts Again, the “grunge rap” pioneer vents his frustration with the cycle of emotional strife and reconciliation that he and a certain girl seem to go through on the daily. Danny Score, the beatsmith behind previous feature Kings/1ØØ, reprises his role behind the boards, crafting a cavernous, reverb-soaked synth soundscape to accompany the unsigned buzzmaker’s sung and rapped vocals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; this cut is just a loosie, but Dior is currently hard at work on a new LP, as well as a pre-album EP.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.