When you’re in a relationship that’s going nowhere—or headed downhill—your life can start to feel like a sh*tty, Bill Murray-less version of Groundhog Day. Jez Dior knows exactly what I’m talking about; on new promo single Starts Again, the “grunge rap” pioneer vents his frustration with the cycle of emotional strife and reconciliation that he and a certain girl seem to go through on the daily. Danny Score, the beatsmith behind previous feature Kings/1ØØ, reprises his role behind the boards, crafting a cavernous, reverb-soaked synth soundscape to accompany the unsigned buzzmaker’s sung and rapped vocals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; this cut is just a loosie, but Dior is currently hard at work on a new LP, as well as a pre-album EP.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)