When you’re in a relationship that’s going nowhere—or headed downhill—your life can start to feel like a sh*tty, Bill Murray-less version of Groundhog Day. Jez Dior knows exactly what I’m talking about; on new promo single Starts Again, the “grunge rap” pioneer vents his frustration with the cycle of emotional strife and reconciliation that he and a certain girl seem to go through on the daily. Danny Score, the beatsmith behind previous feature Kings/1ØØ, reprises his role behind the boards, crafting a cavernous, reverb-soaked synth soundscape to accompany the unsigned buzzmaker’s sung and rapped vocals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; this cut is just a loosie, but Dior is currently hard at work on a new LP, as well as a pre-album EP.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.