When you’re in a relationship that’s going nowhere—or headed downhill—your life can start to feel like a sh*tty, Bill Murray-less version of Groundhog Day. Jez Dior knows exactly what I’m talking about; on new promo single Starts Again, the “grunge rap” pioneer vents his frustration with the cycle of emotional strife and reconciliation that he and a certain girl seem to go through on the daily. Danny Score, the beatsmith behind previous feature Kings/1ØØ, reprises his role behind the boards, crafting a cavernous, reverb-soaked synth soundscape to accompany the unsigned buzzmaker’s sung and rapped vocals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; this cut is just a loosie, but Dior is currently hard at work on a new LP, as well as a pre-album EP.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.