Jez Dior ain’t goin’ nowhere, but he sure knows how to Hide. Not featured on the solo tip since guesting on mdnt‘s Dreamcatcher back in February, the Los Angeles native has reemerged from the woodwork with single number three off his next street release. The follow-up to January’s morose Love Me to Death, this joint is slightly more upbeat in tone than its predecessor. Beatsmith Danny Score‘s loping percussion and reverb-drenched guitar loops back the 19-year-old rhymesayer as he delivers verses laced with oblique commentary on the hip-hop hustle. Hide is just one of many left-of-center bangers to be found on forthcoming “mix-album” Scarlett Sage, dropping digitally in the near future.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.