Remember SmarterChild, the AIM chatbot that endured countless hours of harassment from bored teenagers (myself included) over the course of the 2000s? Well, in his retirement, he’s taken the opportunity to learn a new trade: music production. OK, on the real, the beatsmith behind Jez Dior‘s latest feature purports to be a flesh-and-blood human being residing in NYC. Whomever you choose to believe, there’s no denying this remix‘s futuristic appeal. Dark Star, the debut single from Jaymes Young, gets a shot on the arm courtesy of the aforementioned producer, who replaces the synth-pop auteur’s original boardwork with a more glossy, uptempo electronic groove. Over the driving instrumental, Dior showcases his fire and passion in melodically-flowed verses. This revamp isn’t attached to a larger project, but those who like what they’re hearing can still cop Jez’ debut set, Scarlette Sage, for free in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.