Remember SmarterChild, the AIM chatbot that endured countless hours of harassment from bored teenagers (myself included) over the course of the 2000s? Well, in his retirement, he’s taken the opportunity to learn a new trade: music production. OK, on the real, the beatsmith behind Jez Dior‘s latest feature purports to be a flesh-and-blood human being residing in NYC. Whomever you choose to believe, there’s no denying this remix‘s futuristic appeal. Dark Star, the debut single from Jaymes Young, gets a shot on the arm courtesy of the aforementioned producer, who replaces the synth-pop auteur’s original boardwork with a more glossy, uptempo electronic groove. Over the driving instrumental, Dior showcases his fire and passion in melodically-flowed verses. This revamp isn’t attached to a larger project, but those who like what they’re hearing can still cop Jez’ debut set, Scarlette Sage, for free in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!