Remember SmarterChild, the AIM chatbot that endured countless hours of harassment from bored teenagers (myself included) over the course of the 2000s? Well, in his retirement, he’s taken the opportunity to learn a new trade: music production. OK, on the real, the beatsmith behind Jez Dior‘s latest feature purports to be a flesh-and-blood human being residing in NYC. Whomever you choose to believe, there’s no denying this remix‘s futuristic appeal. Dark Star, the debut single from Jaymes Young, gets a shot on the arm courtesy of the aforementioned producer, who replaces the synth-pop auteur’s original boardwork with a more glossy, uptempo electronic groove. Over the driving instrumental, Dior showcases his fire and passion in melodically-flowed verses. This revamp isn’t attached to a larger project, but those who like what they’re hearing can still cop Jez’ debut set, Scarlette Sage, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.