Remember SmarterChild, the AIM chatbot that endured countless hours of harassment from bored teenagers (myself included) over the course of the 2000s? Well, in his retirement, he’s taken the opportunity to learn a new trade: music production. OK, on the real, the beatsmith behind Jez Dior‘s latest feature purports to be a flesh-and-blood human being residing in NYC. Whomever you choose to believe, there’s no denying this remix‘s futuristic appeal. Dark Star, the debut single from Jaymes Young, gets a shot on the arm courtesy of the aforementioned producer, who replaces the synth-pop auteur’s original boardwork with a more glossy, uptempo electronic groove. Over the driving instrumental, Dior showcases his fire and passion in melodically-flowed verses. This revamp isn’t attached to a larger project, but those who like what they’re hearing can still cop Jez’ debut set, Scarlette Sage, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/2/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.