Last time you blew out the Candles on your birthday cake, did you close your eyes and wish for a talented SoCal up-and-comer to bring you a new record/video combo incorporating sung and flowed vocals, indie-rock samples, high-altitude ballet and American flag T-shirts? Well, that’s a mighty weird, and extremely specific wish—but I guess someone up there likes you. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the lead video single off Jez Dior‘s forthcoming full-length features all of the above. Building his beat around Daughters’ record of the same name, DJ Schwartz provides a moody yet driving arrangement to back the 20-year-old up-and-comer as he showcases his vocal versatility, and director Stephen Mallett amplifies the cut’s emotional impact with some exhilarating, cinematic visuals. Feeling it? More awaits on free digital LP Scarlett Sage, scheduled for release in the near future.
Written by richard on 09/6/12
Los Angeles upstart Jez Dior has independently released his new free album, Scarlette Sage. Included on the 10-track project, his first solo release to date, are previously-featured, Booth-approved song selections "Candles,"...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me to Death" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.