Last time you blew out the Candles on your birthday cake, did you close your eyes and wish for a talented SoCal up-and-comer to bring you a new record/video combo incorporating sung and flowed vocals, indie-rock samples, high-altitude ballet and American flag T-shirts? Well, that’s a mighty weird, and extremely specific wish—but I guess someone up there likes you. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the lead video single off Jez Dior‘s forthcoming full-length features all of the above. Building his beat around Daughters’ record of the same name, DJ Schwartz provides a moody yet driving arrangement to back the 20-year-old up-and-comer as he showcases his vocal versatility, and director Stephen Mallett amplifies the cut’s emotional impact with some exhilarating, cinematic visuals. Feeling it? More awaits on free digital LP Scarlett Sage, scheduled for release in the near future.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me to Death" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.