Last time you blew out the Candles on your birthday cake, did you close your eyes and wish for a talented SoCal up-and-comer to bring you a new record/video combo incorporating sung and flowed vocals, indie-rock samples, high-altitude ballet and American flag T-shirts? Well, that’s a mighty weird, and extremely specific wish—but I guess someone up there likes you. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the lead video single off Jez Dior‘s forthcoming full-length features all of the above. Building his beat around Daughters’ record of the same name, DJ Schwartz provides a moody yet driving arrangement to back the 20-year-old up-and-comer as he showcases his vocal versatility, and director Stephen Mallett amplifies the cut’s emotional impact with some exhilarating, cinematic visuals. Feeling it? More awaits on free digital LP Scarlett Sage, scheduled for release in the near future.
Written by richard on 09/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me to Death" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.