Last time you blew out the Candles on your birthday cake, did you close your eyes and wish for a talented SoCal up-and-comer to bring you a new record/video combo incorporating sung and flowed vocals, indie-rock samples, high-altitude ballet and American flag T-shirts? Well, that’s a mighty weird, and extremely specific wish—but I guess someone up there likes you. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the lead video single off Jez Dior‘s forthcoming full-length features all of the above. Building his beat around Daughters’ record of the same name, DJ Schwartz provides a moody yet driving arrangement to back the 20-year-old up-and-comer as he showcases his vocal versatility, and director Stephen Mallett amplifies the cut’s emotional impact with some exhilarating, cinematic visuals. Feeling it? More awaits on free digital LP Scarlett Sage, scheduled for release in the near future.
Written by richard on 09/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me to Death" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.