A buzzmaking singer/songwriter hailing from Liverpool, Great Britain, Jetta introduces herself to our pages with a record so powerful, it just might Start a Riot. Rather than beginning at full force, this record begins at a slow simmer. As the artist urges a man to run away with her, beatsmith Jim Eliot showcases his mastery of tension and release; a stark, driving verse groove gives way to a nearly a cappella bridge, before a buzzsaw guitar riff cuts through the stillness and heralds the arrival of the fist-pumping chorus. Jetta’s own cinematic visuals round out the package. For Start a Riot and much more, check out the artist’s debut EP of the same name, released via Polydor/LAVA earlier this month.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)