A buzzmaking singer/songwriter hailing from Liverpool, Great Britain, Jetta introduces herself to our pages with a record so powerful, it just might Start a Riot. Rather than beginning at full force, this record begins at a slow simmer. As the artist urges a man to run away with her, beatsmith Jim Eliot showcases his mastery of tension and release; a stark, driving verse groove gives way to a nearly a cappella bridge, before a buzzsaw guitar riff cuts through the stillness and heralds the arrival of the fist-pumping chorus. Jetta’s own cinematic visuals round out the package. For Start a Riot and much more, check out the artist’s debut EP of the same name, released via Polydor/LAVA earlier this month.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.