A buzzmaking singer/songwriter hailing from Liverpool, Great Britain, Jetta introduces herself to our pages with a record so powerful, it just might Start a Riot. Rather than beginning at full force, this record begins at a slow simmer. As the artist urges a man to run away with her, beatsmith Jim Eliot showcases his mastery of tension and release; a stark, driving verse groove gives way to a nearly a cappella bridge, before a buzzsaw guitar riff cuts through the stillness and heralds the arrival of the fist-pumping chorus. Jetta’s own cinematic visuals round out the package. For Start a Riot and much more, check out the artist’s debut EP of the same name, released via Polydor/LAVA earlier this month.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.