A buzzmaking singer/songwriter hailing from Liverpool, Great Britain, Jetta introduces herself to our pages with a record so powerful, it just might Start a Riot. Rather than beginning at full force, this record begins at a slow simmer. As the artist urges a man to run away with her, beatsmith Jim Eliot showcases his mastery of tension and release; a stark, driving verse groove gives way to a nearly a cappella bridge, before a buzzsaw guitar riff cuts through the stillness and heralds the arrival of the fist-pumping chorus. Jetta’s own cinematic visuals round out the package. For Start a Riot and much more, check out the artist’s debut EP of the same name, released via Polydor/LAVA earlier this month.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)