As you may have gathered from the project’s title, Jett I. Masstyr‘s Relations*hit EP focuses on the, well, sh*t, that can transform true love into heartbreak if one isn’t wary. Fittingly, then, the project’s standout cut finds the Booth newcomer (also known as HaSHbrown) struggling to accept one of love’s most painful truths: sometimes, “sorry” just isn’t good enough. On Forgive Me Not, the headliner’s own subdued soul boardwork (sampled from Barry White’s I’ve Got a Lot to Give) set the stage for some emotionally-fraught reflections on the difficulty of rebuilding trust after it’s been betrayed. Wracked with guilt over doing his girl wrong, the Houston mainstay reasons that a genuine bond should be able to withstand the roughest of storms, while struggling to accept the fact that the forgiveness he seeks might never come. On the back, he pleads: “Nobody’s asking you to forget, you should never forget. But if it’s real, you should be able to forgive, you know what I’m saying?” Does this heartbroken jam leave you craving more cathartic bangers? Your wish is Jett’s command; released February 15, Relationsh*t is available now for digital download.
Written by richard on 03/13/11
Submit your Rating
Council Music Group, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.