Though Jet Audio‘s Booth debut, A Million and One Ways, boasted a unique, overdriven-sounding instrumental that I maintain was pretty damned cool, the record earned lukewarm reviews from our regulars, many of whom felt that NYC rapper Chief Rapier‘s flow wasn’t the best match for the up-and-coming producer’s boardwork. Nearly a year later, Jet’s landed on our front page once again, this time with an established reader favorite in tow. Newly-released cut I’ll Let You Know finds Kidz In The Hall hip-hopster Naledge once again Star Struck by an enchanting female, and his slightly bashful, wordplay-heavy rhymes are prove an excellent complement to this cut’s upbeat production. Centered around a slowed-down sample from Phoenix’ If I Ever Feel Better, the instrumental soars to new heights on the strength of a silky-smooth saxophone riff not present on the French pop-rock group’s ‘01 single. For more of the Big Apple beatsmith’s high-flying boardwork, grab a copy of Jet Audio’s Stand Alone Complex when it touches down June 16th.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Million and One Ways" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.