Though Jet Audio‘s Booth debut, A Million and One Ways, boasted a unique, overdriven-sounding instrumental that I maintain was pretty damned cool, the record earned lukewarm reviews from our regulars, many of whom felt that NYC rapper Chief Rapier‘s flow wasn’t the best match for the up-and-coming producer’s boardwork. Nearly a year later, Jet’s landed on our front page once again, this time with an established reader favorite in tow. Newly-released cut I’ll Let You Know finds Kidz In The Hall hip-hopster Naledge once again Star Struck by an enchanting female, and his slightly bashful, wordplay-heavy rhymes are prove an excellent complement to this cut’s upbeat production. Centered around a slowed-down sample from Phoenix’ If I Ever Feel Better, the instrumental soars to new heights on the strength of a silky-smooth saxophone riff not present on the French pop-rock group’s ‘01 single. For more of the Big Apple beatsmith’s high-flying boardwork, grab a copy of Jet Audio’s Stand Alone Complex when it touches down June 16th.
Written by richard on 05/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Million and One Ways" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.