Though Jet Audio‘s Booth debut, A Million and One Ways, boasted a unique, overdriven-sounding instrumental that I maintain was pretty damned cool, the record earned lukewarm reviews from our regulars, many of whom felt that NYC rapper Chief Rapier‘s flow wasn’t the best match for the up-and-coming producer’s boardwork. Nearly a year later, Jet’s landed on our front page once again, this time with an established reader favorite in tow. Newly-released cut I’ll Let You Know finds Kidz In The Hall hip-hopster Naledge once again Star Struck by an enchanting female, and his slightly bashful, wordplay-heavy rhymes are prove an excellent complement to this cut’s upbeat production. Centered around a slowed-down sample from Phoenix’ If I Ever Feel Better, the instrumental soars to new heights on the strength of a silky-smooth saxophone riff not present on the French pop-rock group’s ‘01 single. For more of the Big Apple beatsmith’s high-flying boardwork, grab a copy of Jet Audio’s Stand Alone Complex when it touches down June 16th.
Written by richard on 05/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Million and One Ways" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.