Even those who Stand Alone can benefit from a few good connects—case in point: up-and-coming producer Jet Audio, whose latest leak finds him joining forces with with not one, two, or three, but four of the underground scene’s hottest talents. Continuing in the laid-back vein of his last feature, Jet delivers a head-bobbing mix of old-school instrumentation and spacey synth ambiance as fellow NYC natives CurT@!n$, Danny and Mickey Factz deliver dreamy bars brimming with allusive punchline lyricism. Of course, no jazzy, nostalgia-tinted cut centered around the theme of lone-wolf individualism would be complete without the distinctive vocal stylings of a certain Big Apple emcee/singer—though Outasight devotees might be disappointed that the emcee doesn’t step up to the mic for a guest verse, his mellow sung hook complements Jet Audio’s boardwork just as well as you’d expect. Jet Audio’s ability to bring old and new-school heads together is clearer here than ever before, and Stand Alone‘s retro feel may win the beatsmith his best Booth reviews to date. For more fresh beats and underground rhymes, pick up a copy of Jet’s Stand Alone Complex LP when it drops on the 21st.
Written by richard on 07/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Million and One Ways" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.