Jessie J‘s last single, the defiant It’s My Party, saw the UK pop songstress striking back at the haters and critics who try to break her down on a daily basis. The newly-released follow-up, on the other hand, is dedicated to the one person who never fails to lift her up when her spirits are low. Over Stargate and Benny Blanco‘s production, a synth-driven arrangement that builds to an explosive chorus, the Universal Republic signee compares her man’s power over her to that of the natural elements: “This ain’t no mistake, you make my earth quake / You feel like Thunder in the sky.” This anthemic jam is part of Jessie J’s sophomore set, Alive, available across the pond as of September 23. The project’s U.S. release is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Price Tag" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.