It’s My Party and I will cry if I want to (oh, hey Lesley Gore). The only real reason you might cry, however, is if the DJ doesn’t play the intoxicating new single from Jessie J... or if you had a crappy weekend and you just realized that today is Monday. If your iPod has been lacking in the summer pop tunes department, than this cut is a must have. Backed by a bubbly, clapping instrumental from Johnny BLK and Claude Kelly, the UK native belts out her signature effervescent vocals on this party-centered cut. The breezy beat and the Republic signee’s feel-good energy make It’s My Party the perfect play at your next group get together or when you are alone in the car; just don’t forget to close the windows if you choose to party all by yourself. It’s My Party is set to appear on Jessie’s upcoming, yet still untitled sophomore album.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Price Tag" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.