Update: We have added the Hannah Lux Davis-directed visuals for Jessie J’s Bang Bang single.
You may want to lay down a protective layer of plastic around your listening area, because Jessie J‘s latest single is gonna blow your f**king mind. OK, OK, after listening to Bang Bang my head remains unexploded. But still, you can’t be too careful. The UK songstress’s first solo feature since last October’s Thunder, this brassy promo cut features Jessie showcasing her powerful pipes, not to mention her feminine wiles, over some bombastic production by Max Martin. Republic Records songstress Ariana Grande turns in a similarly dynamic performance on verse two, and Nicki Minaj ties it all together with a flowed closing 16. Bang Bang isn’t currently attached to a larger project. Keep it locked for the latest from Jessie J, including details on the still-unscheduled Stateside release of her latest LP, Alive.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Price Tag" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.