Jessica Jarrell may not be old enough to drive, but don’t get it twisted; as demonstrated by her first feature, the teenage Los Angeles singer/songwriter’s ready, willing and able to do what it takes to get her musical career Up and Running. On the latest single off J.J.‘s forthcoming debut (presented here in officially remixed form), The Runners’ sugary, synth-driven production sets a pop-appealing mood as the singer expresses her high relationship standards by way of vehicular metaphors. Gym Class Hero-turned-solo rap superstar Travie McCoy handles guest duties, lacing the record’s front end with a little G-rated game-spitting and ending the cut by encouraging anyone with a cup (of soda, naturally) to party till the sun comes up. While Jessica Jarrell’s debut studio album has yet to receive a title or a solid release date from the Island/Mercury brass, those who like what they’re hearing can currently catch her on the My World tour, opening for pint-sized pop superstar Justin Bieber and the not-so-pint-sized (but still quite popular) Sean Kingston.
Written by richard on 06/29/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.