Psst… Hey You! Yeah, you with the computer, browsing DJBooth.net. I’ve got a song that you might be interested in. On his latest promo single and first Booth feature, Oklahoma City-bred, Los Angeles-based up-and-comer Jesse Scott proves that a fella doesn’t need to be a smooth operator to pick up girls on the street – as long as you’ve got the self-confidence to walk up to a female and say something, you’re golden. Backed by the summery acoustic-guitar boardwork of Laze and Royal, the artist showcases his unusual brand of game-spitting, dropping lines like “It’s hot, so that’s why I’m sweaty / I’m sorry if I’m messy, but I’m Jesse.” Does this rising star have what it takes to win you over? If so, keep it locked – though this cut is, as mentioned above, just a promo single, you can rest assured that we’ll bring you all the latest leading up to the release of his in-progress debut full-length.
Written by richard on 04/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Games That We Play" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.