From Jesus to Julius Caesar, numerous great individuals throughout history have been brought to ruin by their So-Called Friends. Bay Area emcee Jesse Medina is determined not to fall victim to the same fate, so he stays on a constant lookout for snakes in the grass. Of course, that wariness tends to limit his social options, as he freely admits on his latest single: “I’ve probably got two homies: me and this bag of Purple Crack.” Perhaps we can make that three, because track co-headliner Jake One doesn’t let Medina down behind the mixing boards; his sampled production (spiced with that ubiquitous ‘Hey!’ from James Brown’s Funky President) perfectly captures the lyrics’ paranoid vibe. Fans will be able to find this cut, debut feature Get Money and much more on Meet Jesse Medina, scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, April 1.
Written by richard on 02/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Money" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.