From Jesus to Julius Caesar, numerous great individuals throughout history have been brought to ruin by their So-Called Friends. Bay Area emcee Jesse Medina is determined not to fall victim to the same fate, so he stays on a constant lookout for snakes in the grass. Of course, that wariness tends to limit his social options, as he freely admits on his latest single: “I’ve probably got two homies: me and this bag of Purple Crack.” Perhaps we can make that three, because track co-headliner Jake One doesn’t let Medina down behind the mixing boards; his sampled production (spiced with that ubiquitous ‘Hey!’ from James Brown’s Funky President) perfectly captures the lyrics’ paranoid vibe. Fans will be able to find this cut, debut feature Get Money and much more on Meet Jesse Medina, scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, April 1.
Written by richard on 02/12/14
Bay Area emcee Jesse Medina has come together with The DJBooth and One Wise Studios to bring listeners his latest digital full-length, Meet Jesse Medina. The project packs a total of 11 original cuts from the unsigned...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Money" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)