From Jesus to Julius Caesar, numerous great individuals throughout history have been brought to ruin by their So-Called Friends. Bay Area emcee Jesse Medina is determined not to fall victim to the same fate, so he stays on a constant lookout for snakes in the grass. Of course, that wariness tends to limit his social options, as he freely admits on his latest single: “I’ve probably got two homies: me and this bag of Purple Crack.” Perhaps we can make that three, because track co-headliner Jake One doesn’t let Medina down behind the mixing boards; his sampled production (spiced with that ubiquitous ‘Hey!’ from James Brown’s Funky President) perfectly captures the lyrics’ paranoid vibe. Fans will be able to find this cut, debut feature Get Money and much more on Meet Jesse Medina, scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, April 1.
Written by richard on 02/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Money" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.