From Jesus to Julius Caesar, numerous great individuals throughout history have been brought to ruin by their So-Called Friends. Bay Area emcee Jesse Medina is determined not to fall victim to the same fate, so he stays on a constant lookout for snakes in the grass. Of course, that wariness tends to limit his social options, as he freely admits on his latest single: “I’ve probably got two homies: me and this bag of Purple Crack.” Perhaps we can make that three, because track co-headliner Jake One doesn’t let Medina down behind the mixing boards; his sampled production (spiced with that ubiquitous ‘Hey!’ from James Brown’s Funky President) perfectly captures the lyrics’ paranoid vibe. Fans will be able to find this cut, debut feature Get Money and much more on Meet Jesse Medina, scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, April 1.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!