From Jesus to Julius Caesar, numerous great individuals throughout history have been brought to ruin by their So-Called Friends. Bay Area emcee Jesse Medina is determined not to fall victim to the same fate, so he stays on a constant lookout for snakes in the grass. Of course, that wariness tends to limit his social options, as he freely admits on his latest single: “I’ve probably got two homies: me and this bag of Purple Crack.” Perhaps we can make that three, because track co-headliner Jake One doesn’t let Medina down behind the mixing boards; his sampled production (spiced with that ubiquitous ‘Hey!’ from James Brown’s Funky President) perfectly captures the lyrics’ paranoid vibe. Fans will be able to find this cut, debut feature Get Money and much more on Meet Jesse Medina, scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, April 1.
Written by richard on 02/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Money" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.