Jesse Medina‘s last Booth feature came in February, with So Called Friends. On the newly-released Riddims 2.0, Medina brings along some real friends who just so happen to know their way around the mic. Accompanying Medina and his cutting, brash flow are TDE solider Ab-Soul and Cool Kid representative Sir Michael Rocks. This rough-and-tumble group of emcees systematically dissects Architect‘s hostile, murky beat. The production is hard-hitting and downright haunting, and each of the collaborators turns in a standout performance; the end product is a cut that’s impressive from every angle. Bay Area singer Anya Kvitka provides distorted background vocals. Riddims 2.0 will appear on the headliner’s Meet Jesse Medina mixtape, due out via The DJBooth at the top of April.
Update: We have added aplusfilmz-directed visuals for Jesse Medina’s Riddims 2.0 single.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Money" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.