Jesse Medina‘s last Booth feature came in February, with So Called Friends. On the newly-released Riddims 2.0, Medina brings along some real friends who just so happen to know their way around the mic. Accompanying Medina and his cutting, brash flow are TDE solider Ab-Soul and Cool Kid representative Sir Michael Rocks. This rough-and-tumble group of emcees systematically dissects Architect‘s hostile, murky beat. The production is hard-hitting and downright haunting, and each of the collaborators turns in a standout performance; the end product is a cut that’s impressive from every angle. Bay Area singer Anya Kvitka provides distorted background vocals. Riddims 2.0 will appear on the headliner’s Meet Jesse Medina mixtape, due out via The DJBooth at the top of April.
Update: We have added aplusfilmz-directed visuals for Jesse Medina’s Riddims 2.0 single.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/18/14
Bay Area emcee Jesse Medina has come together with The DJBooth and One Wise Studios to bring listeners his latest digital full-length, Meet Jesse Medina. The project packs a total of 11 original cuts from the unsigned...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Money" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)