Jesse Medina‘s last Booth feature came in February, with So Called Friends. On the newly-released Riddims 2.0, Medina brings along some real friends who just so happen to know their way around the mic. Accompanying Medina and his cutting, brash flow are TDE solider Ab-Soul and Cool Kid representative Sir Michael Rocks. This rough-and-tumble group of emcees systematically dissects Architect‘s hostile, murky beat. The production is hard-hitting and downright haunting, and each of the collaborators turns in a standout performance; the end product is a cut that’s impressive from every angle. Bay Area singer Anya Kvitka provides distorted background vocals. Riddims 2.0 will appear on the headliner’s Meet Jesse Medina mixtape, due out via The DJBooth at the top of April.
Update: We have added aplusfilmz-directed visuals for Jesse Medina’s Riddims 2.0 single.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Money" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.