In late February, Jesse Boykins III stepped into the Booth with Plain, an unconventional R&B cut expressing his lack of feelings for a woman in his life. A few short weeks later, the neo-soul singer/songwriter seems to have escaped from those romantic doldrums. New single Show Me Who You Are finds him anxious to learn everything about a new girl. Over his and MachineDrum‘s softly throbbing synths, Boykins showcases his delicate falsetto as he encourages her to share her secrets: “You have conquered my heart / Let me conquer your art.” The LOVE APPARATUS LP is scheduled for release on April 22.
Written by richard on 03/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.