In late February, Jesse Boykins III stepped into the Booth with Plain, an unconventional R&B cut expressing his lack of feelings for a woman in his life. A few short weeks later, the neo-soul singer/songwriter seems to have escaped from those romantic doldrums. New single Show Me Who You Are finds him anxious to learn everything about a new girl. Over his and MachineDrum‘s softly throbbing synths, Boykins showcases his delicate falsetto as he encourages her to share her secrets: “You have conquered my heart / Let me conquer your art.” The LOVE APPARATUS LP is scheduled for release on April 22.
Written by richard on 03/9/14
Jesse Boykins III, a Chicago-born R&B singer and producer, has come quite a long way since his first DJBooth appearance, a feature for solo single "Pantyhose," in October of 2008. Over the past five plus years the indie...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.