In late February, Jesse Boykins III stepped into the Booth with Plain, an unconventional R&B cut expressing his lack of feelings for a woman in his life. A few short weeks later, the neo-soul singer/songwriter seems to have escaped from those romantic doldrums. New single Show Me Who You Are finds him anxious to learn everything about a new girl. Over his and MachineDrum‘s softly throbbing synths, Boykins showcases his delicate falsetto as he encourages her to share her secrets: “You have conquered my heart / Let me conquer your art.” The LOVE APPARATUS LP is scheduled for release on April 22.
Written by richard on 03/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.