In late February, Jesse Boykins III stepped into the Booth with Plain, an unconventional R&B cut expressing his lack of feelings for a woman in his life. A few short weeks later, the neo-soul singer/songwriter seems to have escaped from those romantic doldrums. New single Show Me Who You Are finds him anxious to learn everything about a new girl. Over his and MachineDrum‘s softly throbbing synths, Boykins showcases his delicate falsetto as he encourages her to share her secrets: “You have conquered my heart / Let me conquer your art.” The LOVE APPARATUS LP is scheduled for release on April 22.
Written by richard on 03/9/14
Jesse Boykins III, a Chicago-born R&B singer and producer, has come quite a long way since his first DJBooth appearance, a feature for solo single "Pantyhose," in October of 2008. Over the past five plus years the indie...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.