You’re craving some quality R&B, but you can’t decide whether Janelle Monáe will hit the spot, or you’re in more of an Alicia Keys mood. Unfortunately, you only have time to listen to one song—who do you choose? Once that might have been an either/or proposition, but now, thanks to Jesse Boykins II, you can pick “both.” On his latest promo single, Our Party [Mash-Up], the NomaDic Music crooner blends elements from Monáe’s What an Experience and Keys’s No One to create a silky-smooth banger all his own. Boykins “re-produces” the record himself, enlisting outside help from guitarist David Linaburg. This creative cut isn’t part of anything larger, but listeners left craving more are encouraged to check out the artist’s last feature, the Drizzy-inspired From Time, With Time.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.