You’re craving some quality R&B, but you can’t decide whether Janelle Monáe will hit the spot, or you’re in more of an Alicia Keys mood. Unfortunately, you only have time to listen to one song—who do you choose? Once that might have been an either/or proposition, but now, thanks to Jesse Boykins II, you can pick “both.” On his latest promo single, Our Party [Mash-Up], the NomaDic Music crooner blends elements from Monáe’s What an Experience and Keys’s No One to create a silky-smooth banger all his own. Boykins “re-produces” the record himself, enlisting outside help from guitarist David Linaburg. This creative cut isn’t part of anything larger, but listeners left craving more are encouraged to check out the artist’s last feature, the Drizzy-inspired From Time, With Time.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.