You’re craving some quality R&B, but you can’t decide whether Janelle Monáe will hit the spot, or you’re in more of an Alicia Keys mood. Unfortunately, you only have time to listen to one song—who do you choose? Once that might have been an either/or proposition, but now, thanks to Jesse Boykins II, you can pick “both.” On his latest promo single, Our Party [Mash-Up], the NomaDic Music crooner blends elements from Monáe’s What an Experience and Keys’s No One to create a silky-smooth banger all his own. Boykins “re-produces” the record himself, enlisting outside help from guitarist David Linaburg. This creative cut isn’t part of anything larger, but listeners left craving more are encouraged to check out the artist’s last feature, the Drizzy-inspired From Time, With Time.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.