You’re craving some quality R&B, but you can’t decide whether Janelle Monáe will hit the spot, or you’re in more of an Alicia Keys mood. Unfortunately, you only have time to listen to one song—who do you choose? Once that might have been an either/or proposition, but now, thanks to Jesse Boykins II, you can pick “both.” On his latest promo single, Our Party [Mash-Up], the NomaDic Music crooner blends elements from Monáe’s What an Experience and Keys’s No One to create a silky-smooth banger all his own. Boykins “re-produces” the record himself, enlisting outside help from guitarist David Linaburg. This creative cut isn’t part of anything larger, but listeners left craving more are encouraged to check out the artist’s last feature, the Drizzy-inspired From Time, With Time.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.