You’re craving some quality R&B, but you can’t decide whether Janelle Monáe will hit the spot, or you’re in more of an Alicia Keys mood. Unfortunately, you only have time to listen to one song—who do you choose? Once that might have been an either/or proposition, but now, thanks to Jesse Boykins II, you can pick “both.” On his latest promo single, Our Party [Mash-Up], the NomaDic Music crooner blends elements from Monáe’s What an Experience and Keys’s No One to create a silky-smooth banger all his own. Boykins “re-produces” the record himself, enlisting outside help from guitarist David Linaburg. This creative cut isn’t part of anything larger, but listeners left craving more are encouraged to check out the artist’s last feature, the Drizzy-inspired From Time, With Time.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)