One of the most acclaimed tracks on Drake‘s newly-released junior album, From Time found the T-Dot heavyweight engaging in an intimate rapport with an old flame played by rising pop songstress Jhené Aiko. Indie crooner Jesse Boykins III has evidently been feeling it just as much as the rest of us; his latest promotional single, From Time, With Time, is a tweaked remake of the pensive jam. JBILL handles production, supplementing Chilly Gonzales and Noah “40” Shebib‘s atmospheric beat with added synth-bass and keys. While Boykins’s romantic ruminations remain a monologue in the absence of a female collaborator, guest artist MoRuf does switch things up with a flowed verse on the back. How about it: has Jesse done justice to Aubrey Graham’s original? Has he surpassed it? Whatever your take, you should watch our pages for more fresh cuts from the Chicago native, who currently has no known projects on the agenda.
Written by richard on 10/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.