One of the most acclaimed tracks on Drake‘s newly-released junior album, From Time found the T-Dot heavyweight engaging in an intimate rapport with an old flame played by rising pop songstress Jhené Aiko. Indie crooner Jesse Boykins III has evidently been feeling it just as much as the rest of us; his latest promotional single, From Time, With Time, is a tweaked remake of the pensive jam. JBILL handles production, supplementing Chilly Gonzales and Noah “40” Shebib‘s atmospheric beat with added synth-bass and keys. While Boykins’s romantic ruminations remain a monologue in the absence of a female collaborator, guest artist MoRuf does switch things up with a flowed verse on the back. How about it: has Jesse done justice to Aubrey Graham’s original? Has he surpassed it? Whatever your take, you should watch our pages for more fresh cuts from the Chicago native, who currently has no known projects on the agenda.
Written by richard on 10/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.