Lots of male R&B singers are lovers of women in the bedroom, but many fail to match their erotic passion for the opposite sex with thoroughgoing respect and consideration. Jesse Boykins III, I’m happy to say, is not one of them. On new single Amen Awoman, the NomaDic Music recording artist expresses his “appreciation of the woman and all she brings to this earth.” Accompanied by the ambient keys and addictive synth-bassline of fellow Booth fave MeLo-X, the artist describes his relationship with his girl in terms that blur the line between the romantic and the spiritual: “You are my religion, you are my earth / You are my love, you’re all my worth.” There’s been no word on whether this record will be attached to Jesse’s forthcoming independent full-length, tentatively titled Love Apparatus, but fans can watch our pages for further news and singles leading up to the set’s currently-unscheduled release.
Written by richard on 02/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.