Lots of male R&B singers are lovers of women in the bedroom, but many fail to match their erotic passion for the opposite sex with thoroughgoing respect and consideration. Jesse Boykins III, I’m happy to say, is not one of them. On new single Amen Awoman, the NomaDic Music recording artist expresses his “appreciation of the woman and all she brings to this earth.” Accompanied by the ambient keys and addictive synth-bassline of fellow Booth fave MeLo-X, the artist describes his relationship with his girl in terms that blur the line between the romantic and the spiritual: “You are my religion, you are my earth / You are my love, you’re all my worth.” There’s been no word on whether this record will be attached to Jesse’s forthcoming independent full-length, tentatively titled Love Apparatus, but fans can watch our pages for further news and singles leading up to the set’s currently-unscheduled release.
Written by richard on 02/12/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.