Lots of male R&B singers are lovers of women in the bedroom, but many fail to match their erotic passion for the opposite sex with thoroughgoing respect and consideration. Jesse Boykins III, I’m happy to say, is not one of them. On new single Amen Awoman, the NomaDic Music recording artist expresses his “appreciation of the woman and all she brings to this earth.” Accompanied by the ambient keys and addictive synth-bassline of fellow Booth fave MeLo-X, the artist describes his relationship with his girl in terms that blur the line between the romantic and the spiritual: “You are my religion, you are my earth / You are my love, you’re all my worth.” There’s been no word on whether this record will be attached to Jesse’s forthcoming independent full-length, tentatively titled Love Apparatus, but fans can watch our pages for further news and singles leading up to the set’s currently-unscheduled release.
Written by richard on 02/12/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.