Brooklyn rhymesayer Jesse Abraham claimed to have written his last feature, unreleased joint Not Enough Warriors, in his sleep, and the record’s dreamlike atmosphere made the claim almost believable. Well, the man must have popped a few extra Ambien before stepping into the recording booth this time around, as album lead single Not A Ghost Anymore is even more surreal than its predecessor. Over Paul White‘s discombobulated sample work, the artist plays the role of spiritual guru, holding forth on life, death, personal identity and other philosophical topics in verses that sound like they’re emanating straight out of his unconscious. Nicholas Heller provides some suitably avant-garde visuals to accompany the cut. I Am Water is scheduled to hit the ‘net for digital purchase January 26. All the proceeds from the LP’s sale will go to Charity Water, an organization which funds clean water initiatives in developing nations.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.