Brooklyn rhymesayer Jesse Abraham claimed to have written his last feature, unreleased joint Not Enough Warriors, in his sleep, and the record’s dreamlike atmosphere made the claim almost believable. Well, the man must have popped a few extra Ambien before stepping into the recording booth this time around, as album lead single Not A Ghost Anymore is even more surreal than its predecessor. Over Paul White‘s discombobulated sample work, the artist plays the role of spiritual guru, holding forth on life, death, personal identity and other philosophical topics in verses that sound like they’re emanating straight out of his unconscious. Nicholas Heller provides some suitably avant-garde visuals to accompany the cut. I Am Water is scheduled to hit the ‘net for digital purchase January 26. All the proceeds from the LP’s sale will go to Charity Water, an organization which funds clean water initiatives in developing nations.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
On the one year anniversary of its release, underground emcee Jesse Abraham has come together with The DJBooth to re-release his 2013 album, I Am Water, as a limited-time free download. Recorded at Queens, N.Y.'s Ampliphonic...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.