Brooklyn rhymesayer Jesse Abraham claimed to have written his last feature, unreleased joint Not Enough Warriors, in his sleep, and the record’s dreamlike atmosphere made the claim almost believable. Well, the man must have popped a few extra Ambien before stepping into the recording booth this time around, as album lead single Not A Ghost Anymore is even more surreal than its predecessor. Over Paul White‘s discombobulated sample work, the artist plays the role of spiritual guru, holding forth on life, death, personal identity and other philosophical topics in verses that sound like they’re emanating straight out of his unconscious. Nicholas Heller provides some suitably avant-garde visuals to accompany the cut. I Am Water is scheduled to hit the ‘net for digital purchase January 26. All the proceeds from the LP’s sale will go to Charity Water, an organization which funds clean water initiatives in developing nations.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.