Brooklyn rhymesayer Jesse Abraham claimed to have written his last feature, unreleased joint Not Enough Warriors, in his sleep, and the record’s dreamlike atmosphere made the claim almost believable. Well, the man must have popped a few extra Ambien before stepping into the recording booth this time around, as album lead single Not A Ghost Anymore is even more surreal than its predecessor. Over Paul White‘s discombobulated sample work, the artist plays the role of spiritual guru, holding forth on life, death, personal identity and other philosophical topics in verses that sound like they’re emanating straight out of his unconscious. Nicholas Heller provides some suitably avant-garde visuals to accompany the cut. I Am Water is scheduled to hit the ‘net for digital purchase January 26. All the proceeds from the LP’s sale will go to Charity Water, an organization which funds clean water initiatives in developing nations.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.