I’m not saying that giving your new song an eye-catching title like Spiderman on Vitamins will guarantee a feature on DJBooth, but it doesn’t hurt. Although we had never featured Brooklyn newcomer Jesse Abraham before, we couldn’t help but listen to Spiderman on Vitamins, and once we pressed play we found a creatively-flowing, unstoppably original emcee that we were fascinated to find out how DJBooth nation would react to. Spidey’s beat comes courtesy of Spills, who combines a shaky string section with sharp claps and heavy bass to form a backdrop for Abraham to do his expansive lyrical work on, and work he does, dropping references on everything from, of course, Peter Parker (“Crawling!”) to his early days as a Hebrew school troublemaker. Will DJBooth embrace this record like a long-lost lover, or like a cactus? There’s only one way to find out – get to commenting below people. Those in the former camp should keep an ear out for Abraham’s upcoming EP One Day, which will be released in March 1. Might we suggest Aquaman on Steroids?
Written by Nathan S. on 08/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.