Normally, I will try to turn the title of a song into some quirky, witty or corny pun, but with Jesse Abraham‘s new single it just isn’t possible; you try normalizing and contextualizing Ragtag Ed Slush! Though I can’t really say anything clever about the title, there is still plenty to talk about on this uniquely spooky cut, a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Setting the tone on this haunting, grungy jam, Spills crafts a bone-chilling beat driven by a cutting synth. Jesse matches the instrumental’s tone, employing a slurred flow with an aggressive, creepy vibe. Though this record is not attached to anything larger, it was released in honor of the one-year anniversary of Abraham’s I Am Water, available for free for a limited time exclusively in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.