Normally, I will try to turn the title of a song into some quirky, witty or corny pun, but with Jesse Abraham‘s new single it just isn’t possible; you try normalizing and contextualizing Ragtag Ed Slush! Though I can’t really say anything clever about the title, there is still plenty to talk about on this uniquely spooky cut, a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Setting the tone on this haunting, grungy jam, Spills crafts a bone-chilling beat driven by a cutting synth. Jesse matches the instrumental’s tone, employing a slurred flow with an aggressive, creepy vibe. Though this record is not attached to anything larger, it was released in honor of the one-year anniversary of Abraham’s I Am Water, available for free for a limited time exclusively in The DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.