Normally, I will try to turn the title of a song into some quirky, witty or corny pun, but with Jesse Abraham‘s new single it just isn’t possible; you try normalizing and contextualizing Ragtag Ed Slush! Though I can’t really say anything clever about the title, there is still plenty to talk about on this uniquely spooky cut, a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Setting the tone on this haunting, grungy jam, Spills crafts a bone-chilling beat driven by a cutting synth. Jesse matches the instrumental’s tone, employing a slurred flow with an aggressive, creepy vibe. Though this record is not attached to anything larger, it was released in honor of the one-year anniversary of Abraham’s I Am Water, available for free for a limited time exclusively in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/29/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.