Normally, I will try to turn the title of a song into some quirky, witty or corny pun, but with Jesse Abraham‘s new single it just isn’t possible; you try normalizing and contextualizing Ragtag Ed Slush! Though I can’t really say anything clever about the title, there is still plenty to talk about on this uniquely spooky cut, a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Setting the tone on this haunting, grungy jam, Spills crafts a bone-chilling beat driven by a cutting synth. Jesse matches the instrumental’s tone, employing a slurred flow with an aggressive, creepy vibe. Though this record is not attached to anything larger, it was released in honor of the one-year anniversary of Abraham’s I Am Water, available for free for a limited time exclusively in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.