Normally, I will try to turn the title of a song into some quirky, witty or corny pun, but with Jesse Abraham‘s new single it just isn’t possible; you try normalizing and contextualizing Ragtag Ed Slush! Though I can’t really say anything clever about the title, there is still plenty to talk about on this uniquely spooky cut, a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Setting the tone on this haunting, grungy jam, Spills crafts a bone-chilling beat driven by a cutting synth. Jesse matches the instrumental’s tone, employing a slurred flow with an aggressive, creepy vibe. Though this record is not attached to anything larger, it was released in honor of the one-year anniversary of Abraham’s I Am Water, available for free for a limited time exclusively in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.