Hip-hop has an excellent track record of getting ladies out on the dance floor and helping to ease the pain of sitting in unpleasant traffic jams, but artists often lose sight of using hip-hop as an altruistic tool. Thankfully, there are artists like Jesse Abraham to buck the trend. All of the proceeds that the emcee earns from the sale of his forthcoming album I Am Water, scheduled for release on Jan 29th via Fat Beats, will be donated to Charity Water, a company which aids in funding water projects in developing nations across the globe. In anticipation of his charitable effort, Abraham brings us Not Enough Warriors, a spacey, left of center call to action produced by British beatsmith, Paul White. While Not Enough Warriors will not make it onto the album, the record certainly provides an accurate taste of the Kool-Aid. Booth regulars like !llmind, Emilio Rojas and Chino XL will join the Live at Southpaw co-creator on I Am Water.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.