Hip-hop has an excellent track record of getting ladies out on the dance floor and helping to ease the pain of sitting in unpleasant traffic jams, but artists often lose sight of using hip-hop as an altruistic tool. Thankfully, there are artists like Jesse Abraham to buck the trend. All of the proceeds that the emcee earns from the sale of his forthcoming album I Am Water, scheduled for release on Jan 29th via Fat Beats, will be donated to Charity Water, a company which aids in funding water projects in developing nations across the globe. In anticipation of his charitable effort, Abraham brings us Not Enough Warriors, a spacey, left of center call to action produced by British beatsmith, Paul White. While Not Enough Warriors will not make it onto the album, the record certainly provides an accurate taste of the Kool-Aid. Booth regulars like !llmind, Emilio Rojas and Chino XL will join the Live at Southpaw co-creator on I Am Water.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.