Hip-hop has an excellent track record of getting ladies out on the dance floor and helping to ease the pain of sitting in unpleasant traffic jams, but artists often lose sight of using hip-hop as an altruistic tool. Thankfully, there are artists like Jesse Abraham to buck the trend. All of the proceeds that the emcee earns from the sale of his forthcoming album I Am Water, scheduled for release on Jan 29th via Fat Beats, will be donated to Charity Water, a company which aids in funding water projects in developing nations across the globe. In anticipation of his charitable effort, Abraham brings us Not Enough Warriors, a spacey, left of center call to action produced by British beatsmith, Paul White. While Not Enough Warriors will not make it onto the album, the record certainly provides an accurate taste of the Kool-Aid. Booth regulars like !llmind, Emilio Rojas and Chino XL will join the Live at Southpaw co-creator on I Am Water.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.