Those who have peeped Jesse Abraham’s previous features on the Booth know what they can expect from the Brooklyn rhymer: vitamin enhanced superheroes who practice yoga like to kick back, njoy a little bit of everything from life and drop nothing but bars and no bull. You might be surprised then to learn that, in sharp comparison to previous releases, new freestyle Holy Crap!, making its worldwide premiere right here, right now, is an auto-tuned club banger filled with Patron shots and bouncing booties. Just kidding, Holy Crap contains nothing but the kind of off-kilter rhymes we’ve come to expect from the man, although he does rhyme over the beat from The Neptunes/N.E.R.D.’s guaranteed dance floor packer Spaz. I mean, just try this on for size: “Kick out the serpent his tricks aren’t workin / I’m blessed with two ‘S’s my desert’s dessert.” (Think it over.) If you’re finding yourself exclaiming “holy sh*t!”, or something similar, while listening to Abraham’s latest, you’ll definitely want to check out his upcoming project One Day, due to drop via the Booth on May 17.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.