Those who have peeped Jesse Abraham’s previous features on the Booth know what they can expect from the Brooklyn rhymer: vitamin enhanced superheroes who practice yoga like to kick back, njoy a little bit of everything from life and drop nothing but bars and no bull. You might be surprised then to learn that, in sharp comparison to previous releases, new freestyle Holy Crap!, making its worldwide premiere right here, right now, is an auto-tuned club banger filled with Patron shots and bouncing booties. Just kidding, Holy Crap contains nothing but the kind of off-kilter rhymes we’ve come to expect from the man, although he does rhyme over the beat from The Neptunes/N.E.R.D.’s guaranteed dance floor packer Spaz. I mean, just try this on for size: “Kick out the serpent his tricks aren’t workin / I’m blessed with two ‘S’s my desert’s dessert.” (Think it over.) If you’re finding yourself exclaiming “holy sh*t!”, or something similar, while listening to Abraham’s latest, you’ll definitely want to check out his upcoming project One Day, due to drop via the Booth on May 17.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/1/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.