Those who have peeped Jesse Abraham’s previous features on the Booth know what they can expect from the Brooklyn rhymer: vitamin enhanced superheroes who practice yoga like to kick back, njoy a little bit of everything from life and drop nothing but bars and no bull. You might be surprised then to learn that, in sharp comparison to previous releases, new freestyle Holy Crap!, making its worldwide premiere right here, right now, is an auto-tuned club banger filled with Patron shots and bouncing booties. Just kidding, Holy Crap contains nothing but the kind of off-kilter rhymes we’ve come to expect from the man, although he does rhyme over the beat from The Neptunes/N.E.R.D.’s guaranteed dance floor packer Spaz. I mean, just try this on for size: “Kick out the serpent his tricks aren’t workin / I’m blessed with two ‘S’s my desert’s dessert.” (Think it over.) If you’re finding yourself exclaiming “holy sh*t!”, or something similar, while listening to Abraham’s latest, you’ll definitely want to check out his upcoming project One Day, due to drop via the Booth on May 17.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.