Those who have peeped Jesse Abraham’s previous features on the Booth know what they can expect from the Brooklyn rhymer: vitamin enhanced superheroes who practice yoga like to kick back, njoy a little bit of everything from life and drop nothing but bars and no bull. You might be surprised then to learn that, in sharp comparison to previous releases, new freestyle Holy Crap!, making its worldwide premiere right here, right now, is an auto-tuned club banger filled with Patron shots and bouncing booties. Just kidding, Holy Crap contains nothing but the kind of off-kilter rhymes we’ve come to expect from the man, although he does rhyme over the beat from The Neptunes/N.E.R.D.’s guaranteed dance floor packer Spaz. I mean, just try this on for size: “Kick out the serpent his tricks aren’t workin / I’m blessed with two ‘S’s my desert’s dessert.” (Think it over.) If you’re finding yourself exclaiming “holy sh*t!”, or something similar, while listening to Abraham’s latest, you’ll definitely want to check out his upcoming project One Day, due to drop via the Booth on May 17.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.