How would I describe Jesse Abraham‘s style to an uninitiated listener? Well, he’s jokey but intelligent, eclectic but not gimmicky, down-to-earth yet braggadocious, alternately unassuming and lyrically aggressive… I guess you could say he’s got A Little Bit of Everything. Everything? Everything. Everything? Everything. On the second single off his latest street album, the Brooklyn native offers inquiring minds an overview of his many-faceted, oft-contradictory artistic persona. Backed by KO Beats’ lightly exotic production, Abraham explains himself in bars that are far from self-explanatory; on the contrary, listeners will likely need a few repeat spins to fully unravel his illogically ill lines: “I go to war to keep it civil, having accidents on purpose, I’m enormous and I’m chiseled, speak in accents and I’m wordless.” But that’s half the fun, right? If you’re digging it, you can hear plenty more where this came from on the artist’s Booth-sponsored Bars & NoBull mixtape, available for free streaming/download on our very own mixtape page. In addition, fans can check out the official video here!
Written by richard on 11/1/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.