How would I describe Jesse Abraham‘s style to an uninitiated listener? Well, he’s jokey but intelligent, eclectic but not gimmicky, down-to-earth yet braggadocious, alternately unassuming and lyrically aggressive… I guess you could say he’s got A Little Bit of Everything. Everything? Everything. Everything? Everything. On the second single off his latest street album, the Brooklyn native offers inquiring minds an overview of his many-faceted, oft-contradictory artistic persona. Backed by KO Beats’ lightly exotic production, Abraham explains himself in bars that are far from self-explanatory; on the contrary, listeners will likely need a few repeat spins to fully unravel his illogically ill lines: “I go to war to keep it civil, having accidents on purpose, I’m enormous and I’m chiseled, speak in accents and I’m wordless.” But that’s half the fun, right? If you’re digging it, you can hear plenty more where this came from on the artist’s Booth-sponsored Bars & NoBull mixtape, available for free streaming/download on our very own mixtape page. In addition, fans can check out the official video here!
Written by richard on 11/1/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.