How would I describe Jesse Abraham‘s style to an uninitiated listener? Well, he’s jokey but intelligent, eclectic but not gimmicky, down-to-earth yet braggadocious, alternately unassuming and lyrically aggressive… I guess you could say he’s got A Little Bit of Everything. Everything? Everything. Everything? Everything. On the second single off his latest street album, the Brooklyn native offers inquiring minds an overview of his many-faceted, oft-contradictory artistic persona. Backed by KO Beats’ lightly exotic production, Abraham explains himself in bars that are far from self-explanatory; on the contrary, listeners will likely need a few repeat spins to fully unravel his illogically ill lines: “I go to war to keep it civil, having accidents on purpose, I’m enormous and I’m chiseled, speak in accents and I’m wordless.” But that’s half the fun, right? If you’re digging it, you can hear plenty more where this came from on the artist’s Booth-sponsored Bars & NoBull mixtape, available for free streaming/download on our very own mixtape page. In addition, fans can check out the official video here!
Written by richard on 11/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.