How would I describe Jesse Abraham‘s style to an uninitiated listener? Well, he’s jokey but intelligent, eclectic but not gimmicky, down-to-earth yet braggadocious, alternately unassuming and lyrically aggressive… I guess you could say he’s got A Little Bit of Everything. Everything? Everything. Everything? Everything. On the second single off his latest street album, the Brooklyn native offers inquiring minds an overview of his many-faceted, oft-contradictory artistic persona. Backed by KO Beats’ lightly exotic production, Abraham explains himself in bars that are far from self-explanatory; on the contrary, listeners will likely need a few repeat spins to fully unravel his illogically ill lines: “I go to war to keep it civil, having accidents on purpose, I’m enormous and I’m chiseled, speak in accents and I’m wordless.” But that’s half the fun, right? If you’re digging it, you can hear plenty more where this came from on the artist’s Booth-sponsored Bars & NoBull mixtape, available for free streaming/download on our very own mixtape page. In addition, fans can check out the official video here!
Written by richard on 11/1/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)