We’ve all taken advantage of connections to better our situations, be it a job, a hook up at your local bar or maybe even a connection that allows you to further your musical dreams. Jesse Abraham delivers his view on his connections, and what connect us all, on the aptly titled Connections, from the re-release of the DJ Booth hosted and released One Day LP. The K.O. Beatz produced track flies amidst left to right, and back again, panning synths, along with a nice texture of piano. (The beat itself is one the most enjoyable parts of the track and deserves an instrumental release.) In addition to the mic work of the newly minted 2011 Underground Music Award’s “Lyricist of the Year” is the singing of Jeanette Berry, who makes the chorus a true strength. Regardless of what’s keeping you connected to music, you should be able to enjoy the beat, chorus, and scope of Jesse’s Connections.
Written by JC Poppe on 10/3/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.