We’ve all taken advantage of connections to better our situations, be it a job, a hook up at your local bar or maybe even a connection that allows you to further your musical dreams. Jesse Abraham delivers his view on his connections, and what connect us all, on the aptly titled Connections, from the re-release of the DJ Booth hosted and released One Day LP. The K.O. Beatz produced track flies amidst left to right, and back again, panning synths, along with a nice texture of piano. (The beat itself is one the most enjoyable parts of the track and deserves an instrumental release.) In addition to the mic work of the newly minted 2011 Underground Music Award’s “Lyricist of the Year” is the singing of Jeanette Berry, who makes the chorus a true strength. Regardless of what’s keeping you connected to music, you should be able to enjoy the beat, chorus, and scope of Jesse’s Connections.
Written by JC Poppe on 10/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.