We’ve all taken advantage of connections to better our situations, be it a job, a hook up at your local bar or maybe even a connection that allows you to further your musical dreams. Jesse Abraham delivers his view on his connections, and what connect us all, on the aptly titled Connections, from the re-release of the DJ Booth hosted and released One Day LP. The K.O. Beatz produced track flies amidst left to right, and back again, panning synths, along with a nice texture of piano. (The beat itself is one the most enjoyable parts of the track and deserves an instrumental release.) In addition to the mic work of the newly minted 2011 Underground Music Award’s “Lyricist of the Year” is the singing of Jeanette Berry, who makes the chorus a true strength. Regardless of what’s keeping you connected to music, you should be able to enjoy the beat, chorus, and scope of Jesse’s Connections.
Written by JC Poppe on 10/3/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)