Change may be the only constant (that’s Heraclitus again), but some things are pretty damn reliable: gravity, the sun rising in the east and setting in the west, Jesse Abraham records being packed from top to bottom with dazzling wordplay. As if you needed any extra assurance, Always & Forever is no exception to the latter rule – in fact, it finds the freestyle series alum joined by another Brooklyn native with a penchant for labyrinthine punchline lyricism. With Queens producer K.O. Beatz’ warm piano chords ringing in the background, the emcee muses about creativity and artistic vision in bars as heartfelt as they are tightly-wound: “I’m so available I write with no veil / So frail is my flow / I stay warm though / Mighty oaks from little acorns grow.” On the back, Homeboy Sandman grabs the mic for a guest 16 packed with his trademark gnomic wit: “A good sun can eclipse an entire dark moon / A single candle can light an entire dark room…” Topped off with hook vocals by Corina Corina, this joint can be found on Abraham’s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored One Day re-release, set to hit our mixtape page June 14.
Written by richard on 05/17/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.