Change may be the only constant (that’s Heraclitus again), but some things are pretty damn reliable: gravity, the sun rising in the east and setting in the west, Jesse Abraham records being packed from top to bottom with dazzling wordplay. As if you needed any extra assurance, Always & Forever is no exception to the latter rule – in fact, it finds the freestyle series alum joined by another Brooklyn native with a penchant for labyrinthine punchline lyricism. With Queens producer K.O. Beatz’ warm piano chords ringing in the background, the emcee muses about creativity and artistic vision in bars as heartfelt as they are tightly-wound: “I’m so available I write with no veil / So frail is my flow / I stay warm though / Mighty oaks from little acorns grow.” On the back, Homeboy Sandman grabs the mic for a guest 16 packed with his trademark gnomic wit: “A good sun can eclipse an entire dark moon / A single candle can light an entire dark room…” Topped off with hook vocals by Corina Corina, this joint can be found on Abraham’s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored One Day re-release, set to hit our mixtape page June 14.
Written by richard on 05/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.