Change may be the only constant (that’s Heraclitus again), but some things are pretty damn reliable: gravity, the sun rising in the east and setting in the west, Jesse Abraham records being packed from top to bottom with dazzling wordplay. As if you needed any extra assurance, Always & Forever is no exception to the latter rule – in fact, it finds the freestyle series alum joined by another Brooklyn native with a penchant for labyrinthine punchline lyricism. With Queens producer K.O. Beatz’ warm piano chords ringing in the background, the emcee muses about creativity and artistic vision in bars as heartfelt as they are tightly-wound: “I’m so available I write with no veil / So frail is my flow / I stay warm though / Mighty oaks from little acorns grow.” On the back, Homeboy Sandman grabs the mic for a guest 16 packed with his trademark gnomic wit: “A good sun can eclipse an entire dark moon / A single candle can light an entire dark room…” Topped off with hook vocals by Corina Corina, this joint can be found on Abraham’s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored One Day re-release, set to hit our mixtape page June 14.
Written by richard on 05/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spiderman on Vitamins" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.