A London native formerly signed to Island Records, Jess Mills introduces her ethereal pop stylings to our pages via freshly-released promotional single Sweet Love. On this dreamy, yet dancefloor-ready selection, beatsmith Chris Borud‘s gauzy synths and four-on-the-floor rhythm section back the singer/songwriter as she delivers verses saturated with romantic longing, showcasing a breathy vocal style that meshes perfectly with the record’s ‘80s-inspired feel. Has Mills’ debut feature left your interest piqued? Then stay tuned; Sweet Love isn’t slated to appear on any forthcoming project, but the artist does have a debut studio album, Twist of Fate, in the works for release later this year.
Written by richard on 03/5/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.