A London native formerly signed to Island Records, Jess Mills introduces her ethereal pop stylings to our pages via freshly-released promotional single Sweet Love. On this dreamy, yet dancefloor-ready selection, beatsmith Chris Borud‘s gauzy synths and four-on-the-floor rhythm section back the singer/songwriter as she delivers verses saturated with romantic longing, showcasing a breathy vocal style that meshes perfectly with the record’s ‘80s-inspired feel. Has Mills’ debut feature left your interest piqued? Then stay tuned; Sweet Love isn’t slated to appear on any forthcoming project, but the artist does have a debut studio album, Twist of Fate, in the works for release later this year.
Written by richard on 03/5/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.