A London native formerly signed to Island Records, Jess Mills introduces her ethereal pop stylings to our pages via freshly-released promotional single Sweet Love. On this dreamy, yet dancefloor-ready selection, beatsmith Chris Borud‘s gauzy synths and four-on-the-floor rhythm section back the singer/songwriter as she delivers verses saturated with romantic longing, showcasing a breathy vocal style that meshes perfectly with the record’s ‘80s-inspired feel. Has Mills’ debut feature left your interest piqued? Then stay tuned; Sweet Love isn’t slated to appear on any forthcoming project, but the artist does have a debut studio album, Twist of Fate, in the works for release later this year.
Written by richard on 03/5/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.