Due to the struggles of the automotive industry and the bleak status of their economy, those repping the Motor City have been hit hard over the past few years. Through it all, however, Detroit artist/producer Jerry Parker has remained Lowkey, as he demonstrates on the DJBooth world premiere of his latest Never Ending Boulevards release. Titled Lowkey, the record starts off with a soundbite from a news clip about the recession and its effect on the auto industry. From there the Motown denizen unloads bars on the importance of remaining lowkey in the rap game, coping with financial struggles, and receiving the run around from labels. Not content with merely gracing the record with a few bars, the 20-year-old lyrical artisan also provides Lowkey with its soulfully grim production. The Motor City emcee’s Never Ending Boulevards project is currently without a release date, but keep it locked to the Booth for news and updates on the forthcoming album.
36O Juice Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gods Plan" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.