Due to the struggles of the automotive industry and the bleak status of their economy, those repping the Motor City have been hit hard over the past few years. Through it all, however, Detroit artist/producer Jerry Parker has remained Lowkey, as he demonstrates on the DJBooth world premiere of his latest Never Ending Boulevards release. Titled Lowkey, the record starts off with a soundbite from a news clip about the recession and its effect on the auto industry. From there the Motown denizen unloads bars on the importance of remaining lowkey in the rap game, coping with financial struggles, and receiving the run around from labels. Not content with merely gracing the record with a few bars, the 20-year-old lyrical artisan also provides Lowkey with its soulfully grim production. The Motor City emcee’s Never Ending Boulevards project is currently without a release date, but keep it locked to the Booth for news and updates on the forthcoming album.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/8/12
Submit your Rating
36O Juice Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gods Plan" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.